No Direction Home
It's not my fault....
Tough – 0
Savvy – 2
Moxie – 1
Will – 0
Break and Enter: You are talented at gaining access to places you have no business being. When you attempt to enter or exit such a place, roll+Savvy. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
- You get where you wanted to go.
- You remain undetected getting there
- You leave no trace of having ever been there.
- You stumble upon something interesting or useful.
- You blaze a trail for your allies to follow.
Artful and Gracious: When you perform your chosen art, or place the product of it before an audience, roll+Moxie. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 2:
- You gain one or more admirers – for better or worse.
- Name a character in the audience. They must give you a gift or offer you a favor.
- Name a character in the audience. They must have your services.
- You attract the attention of a powerful or influential patron.
Don’t Tread On Me: Trauma has taught you hard lessons, and your will to survive is strong. At the beginning of the session, roll+Tough. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. You can spend your hold at any time to:
- Heal one wedge of Harm or two wedges of Shock
- Ignore all damage from a single incoming attack
- Ignore the effects of the glitched status for 1 tick
Big Damn Heroes: You have a knack for showing up at exactly the right time. At the beginning of the session,
roll+Moxie. On a hit, hold 1. You can spend your hold at any time to show up on the scene, with just the right tools or knowledge for the job, whow you got there. On a
+1-ongoing when you get thith or without any clear explanation for ere as well.
Marvelous Metallurge: You can seize control of and manipulate metallic objects within your line of sight and reshape them as you need to. In general, if you have a sufficient supply of metal to work with, you can make it do just about anything one could reasonably do with metal. If your control over metal is uncontested, you don’t need to roll. Tell the GM what you’re doing, and she’ll choose one of the following:
- It’ll take you a while – seconds, minutes, perhaps even hours (if you’re, say, trying to move the Golden Gate Bridge) – to accomplish
- You can do it, but you’ll be exerting yourself a lot. You’re glitched going forward.
- You’ll need to get your mitts on some more metal, or a more ideal type of metal (neodymium is not ideal for everything), to finish this thing.
- You’ve got no complications at all! Everything’s Charlie Sixty Forty, whatever that means!
You can reshape, control, and temper metal, if you have sufficient time and resources. You can also create new alloys, and even work with metals that would otherwise be impervious to modification. (If Adamantium existed in this setting, you could totally bend that shit.)
When you attempt to seize control of metal inherent to or wielded by another character, roll+Moxie. On a 10+, it’s yours, unequivocally and without question. On a 7-9, it’s yours, but it’ll take a few moments (or one tick in combat) to establish control over it.
Diamagnetic Consciousness: You are constantly aware of the elemental and magnetic properties of all material around you. You can identify and seek out specific elements or compounds without so much as expending effort. When you use your instincts, you can ask the following questions for free, at any time:
- What is the largest/most useful/rarest source of usable metal near me?
- What is most interesting or useful about my physical surroundings?
- What is most interesting or useful about local magnetic phenomena?
The Beifong Barricade: You are essentially impervious to harm from metal implements, provided you have time to adjust or react. You are always treated as having 3-armor against anything made of metal, unless you are unconscious or otherwise unable to react appropriately.
Additionally, when you go into battle, roll+Tough. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. You may spend your hold at any time, 1 for 1, to automatically redirect any one attack made with a metal implement to someone else within your line of sight, or into the sky or the ground. Such attacks need not have targeted you to be redirected.
Murderous Metalbending: You can wield any assorted bits of metal as weapons. If you’re using actual no-shit metal weapons, use their stats. Otherwise, you can generally assume that your metallic mayhem has 2-harm close/far piercing. Use of the Marvelous Metallurge move could certainly allow you to shape your makeshift metal weapons into things with different stats, though…
At your discretion, if you have large amounts of metal at your disposal, you can choose to count as either a small gang or as a medium gang in battle. While acting as a small gang, any moves not explicitly related to inflicting violence are glitched. While acting as a medium gang, all rolls you make are glitched, and you revert to being a small gang for the remainder of the battle if you take any actions not related to inflicting violence. Juggling all that material in a destructive fashion is exhausting…
- Survive – in style if possible
- Don’t let my parents find me.
- Random bits of metal
- Some… stuff? Hrmmm